Gift ideas under $100
Mobile gadgets are way more affordable than a few years ago. Now you can get a bestselling tablet for under $100. That’s great value when you choose one from the head honchos like Kindle and Samsung (unfortunately, the Apple iPad is more expensive). As a new business owner, the busy woman of yours can stay connected even on the go with her tablet, so she doesn’t miss any important emails (including yours) or scheduling reminders.
Better add in a Broadband air card too so that the working girl will always be able to connect to a cellular network, even when she’s outside of a Wi-Fi hotspot. While you are number one in her life, number two right now is probably a Broadband Internet connection. After all, most business interactions are online now.
Another nice option is to gift a nice bottle of wine to your CEO gal. Pour her a glass when she comes home after a hard day at the office and offer to give a foot rub while she sips the concoction.
Tip: Strike up a conversation with the owner of the local wine store. After a few conversations, the owner might offer you a deal or two on your future liquor purchases.
Gift ideas under $500
If the business venture requires your special lady to travel a lot, a nice new set of luggage can go a long way toward helping make her trips more comfortable. But bags can come in a lot of materials and sizes, not to mention the range of features. Here’s a cheat sheet for getting what your girl needs:
- Size: 22in x 9in x 14in is big enough for her necessities yet small enough to fit into most airlines’ overhead compartments.
- Features: If she loves organization then get her a bag with a lot of pouches. Wheels are helpful if your girlfriend’s luggage is probably going to be heavy. A telescoping handle will help her pull along the suitcase easily.
- Skip the expandability feature that some brands offer. It will make the bag too big for the overhead compartment. Instead, she can pack her items the night before so they will have time to settle; no expandability feature is then necessary!
The Samsonite Mightlight Spinner 21 is a great choice of travel bag, available in charcoal, black, or berry color. The multidirectional wheels make for easy movement, and it rolls upright to keep weight off of her arm or shoulder. It includes two mesh shoe pockets too (now she just has to decide which heels to take with her).
Personalize the luggage with a leather tag. This accessory is a clever way to say bon voyage, without coming across as cheesy.
Gift ideas under $1000
A present that will have your other half kissing you again and again (nothing wrong with that!) is a mix of services that give her more time in the day. As an entrepreneur, your girlfriend is likely juggling many things, making the work/life balance a struggle. Here is how you can help:
- Hire a cleaner. Give her back the weekend by taking care of the house cleaning. If you don’t want to scrub the toilets yourself, then hire a maid service to do the dirty work. You just saved her hours of house cleaning that she can now spend cuddling with you.
- Make her breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, and the chances are that she is grabbing a cup of coffee and booting it to work without any food in her stomach. Get up before the hard-working woman and make a yummy meal to serve her before she leaves home. Save time by using the master pan. Get her day off to a great start!
- Plan a weekend getaway. If she’s about to have a meltdown from the workplace stress, give the chick a break. Whisk her away to a cottage in the woods or another tranquil location that is the exact opposite of the hustle and bustle she is around daily.
When you hire a house cleaner, here are questions to ask to help you find the best one:
- Is the company bonded, insured, and licensed? After all, you don’t want your girl returning home only to find out that she now has no electronics or furniture!
- What is the price? What cleaning services does that include? Shop around to find the best deal in your local area.
- How many people will be working in the house during the visit? Request one person and ask for the same person every time to establish trust.